[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Photography Class...

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Photography Class...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 am 
Design Team Member

Have you ever taken a photography class...online or in a classroom?

I never have...but I sure do want to!! Really, really bad!

I did a great hunt for a few weeks for an online class, but eventually just gave up. Karen Russell has an amazing workshop. (the next one is in September.) But the thought of spending $400 for an online workshop is just overwhelming. Then I found another one at Big Picture Classes that wasn't but $50., but it's more on technique rather than the whole technical aspect of it that I really want (need).

Our local little tech. college is doing a 5 day workshop in October. It's a good 80 mile drive everyday...but that looks like it might be my best option. :(

Tell us what you've done!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

I want to take one, too! I also think I need an in-person, hands-on class. I love online classes for the most part, but I do think I'd learn more in person (especially being accountable going to class as it's way easy to get behind in online ones).

I looked into taking a class a few years ago, but I couldn't get it to work with my schedule. I really need to look into it again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:47 pm 

I would love to take a class!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 pm 
Design Team Member

I've never taken a class either, but would love to!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 pm 
Smiley Queen

I'm with you gals. I would LOVE to take a photography class, but I always debate as to whether to take an online class or an actual class you have to attend. Some of those classes online look great, but then the price scares me...:lol: I think Maggie Holmes photography class is something like $200 and some. I know Karen Russel is good and her price is up there, too!

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:15 pm 
Design Team Member

I've taken both college courses as well as online courses. but it has been a long time. when I get a free moment in life, I'd love to take another.

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:20 am 

I have one downloaded from BPS....I think it was $90.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:20 am 

I Have never taken one, but would LOVE to. I also LOVE Karen Russel and her amazing photography skillz...but your are right about the $400...it is quite expensive. I do follow her blog and try some self teaching methods...I do study her work in other words! LOLOL :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 am 
Smiley Queen

After seeing this post, I really was wanting to take an online class. Wouldn't you know that one was offered at Jessica Sprague that is taught by Candice Stringham called
Oh Shoot. Well, I took the plunge and signed up for the standard class. I know a little bit about my camera, but I'm hoping to learn a whole lot more of what it's/I'm capable of! :D

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 pm 

Ok Tami...when hubby asks what this $126 is on his CC bill, well, I am just going to tell him that YOU made me do it. :lol: :lol:
I guess you and I can "go to class together" :wink:

I have BEEN looking, and NOTHING has been inexpensive enough for me to do it...until this one. I truly hope I learn something! I am now looking forward to class again! LOL I can't wait!

Last edited by mommyof5kidz on Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:15 am 
Design Team Member

Wow Tami! That looks like that's going to be a great class!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

My Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm 
Smiley Queen

mommyof5kidz wrote:
Ok Tami...when hubby asks what this $126 is on his CC bill, well, I am just going to tell him that YOU made me do it. :lol: :lol:

I have BEEN looking, and NOTHING has been inexpensive enough for me to do it...until this one. I truly hope I learn something! I am now looking forward to class again! LOL I can't wait!

Okay... :oops: I'll take the blame! :wink: :lol: :lol: I'm so excited about this class!

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm 
Smiley Queen

KarryWeaver wrote:
Wow Tami! That looks like that's going to be a great class!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

You're oh so welcome! :D :D

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm 

tfloyd98 wrote:
mommyof5kidz wrote:

Okay... :oops: I'll take the blame! :wink: :lol: :lol: I'm so excited about this class!

Me, too! I looked at the pre-class thing today, and I have been contemplating buying a 50 mm lens. Hubby was searching Ebay for me! LOL.
I have 3 lenses, and the closest one that I have to what she recommended is my 18-55mm that came with the camera. NO prime lenses though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 am 
Design Team Member

mommyof5kidz wrote:
tfloyd98 wrote:
mommyof5kidz wrote:

Me, too! I looked at the pre-class thing today, and I have been contemplating buying a 50 mm lens. Hubby was searching Ebay for me! LOL.
I have 3 lenses, and the closest one that I have to what she recommended is my 18-55mm that came with the camera. NO prime lenses though.

You will LOVE a 50 mm lens. It's my favorite lens! I use it at least 80% of the time! It's great in bad light, it's great for photographing my scrappy LOs and cards (esp. cards because of the gorgeous bokeh), it's absolutley the best lens I have for taking portaits type photos in the house....for a few reasons...1) the backgrounds...rather than being just black or dark...the background color is great but very very blurred so that 2) you don't notice in the background if the house messy or cluttered. lol You will love the Bokeh you get from the 50 mm...plus they are really affordable! I just have a f/1.8 but it was only $130.

My Blog