[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Activity Suggestions?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Activity Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Of course, we are having a NSD Mega Crop at the store all day Friday-Saturday, May 4-5th.

I give prizes away, lots of prizes, I make sure I have a prize for every single person. Then of course a Grand Prize!

I would like to get some clever ideas for giving them away this time. I like things that are very quick so they don't have to stop all of the time.

What are some things you all have done at crops (or have heard of)?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:10 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

My LSS draws names. All the prizes are on a table, so the first person drawn gets first choice, etc.!

There's usually a sketch challenge that you get all crop to work on, too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm 
Site Admin

alissa103 wrote:
My LSS draws names. All the prizes are on a table, so the first person drawn gets first choice, etc.!

There's usually a sketch challenge that you get all crop to work on, too.

We have mostly just drawn names (well, ticket numbers) but it is getting old. Do they just draw names at any old time or do they draw at given times or for certain things happening?

How does the sketch challenge work? Is there a 'winner'? If so, how is that chosen? If not, what happens at the end?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm 

We've done "First person to pull x out of their bag" and had some weird stuff. Chocolates, pack of fibers, Photo of someone in a blue shirt, and near the end of the night there were a couple basic black pen, green cardstock, and such for those that haven't

There have also been challenges and random name/number drawn from a hat.

If it's themed you could do a prize for best "costume" or some sort of table decoration challenge.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

The tickets are just drawn at random times.

As for the sketch, they need to be done at a certain time. Then we each get to vote for one as our fave. Most votes wins a separate prize.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:25 pm 

My LSS places numbers all over the floor and they yell for everyone to get on a number. They pull a number and that person pulls the number off the floor and brings it up to get a prize. It's funny to see everyone scrambling for a number.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:23 am 

Ours does the same as Ann. Sometimes it's scrapbook related (the first person to bring a scrapbook item with an easter item on it) or something from their purse (lip liner).

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm 

I've been at crops where they did something similar to what Ann talked about, only it was more scrapbook related. Like, first person to show me a seasonal themed paper, or first person to show me five different colored buttons, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the ideas :D

Michelle, the numbers on the floor sounds crazy!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:28 am 
Design Team Member

The last crop I went to about half way through the host told everyone to check the bottom of their chairs. One of the chairs had a sticky note with "Winner" written on it. Whoever was sitting in that chair won the prize. Yay!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006