[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - My LSS is closing :(

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My LSS is closing :(
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 am 
Design Team Coordinator

They're closing at the end of October :(

I saw some signs that this might be happening, but was hoping it wasn't true. I'm working on my last set of cards for them this weekend and then that's it :cry:

We will still have an Archivers at least. But it's not the same. Boo hoo.

Do you have an LSS?

Post subject: Re: My LSS is closing :(
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:13 am 
Design Team Member

I just read their email. Sooooo sad. It was a great place to work! I'm glad they were around though. I was able to meet and make a lot of wonderful friends!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:23 am 
Design Team Coordinator

dannykay wrote:
I just read their email. Sooooo sad. It was a great place to work! I'm glad they were around though. I was able to meet and make a lot of wonderful friends!

DITTO!!! I wouldn't have met you otherwise! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:09 pm 

we haven't had a LSS for a few years. I did visit Paula's actual Back Porch Memories Store in Fairbanks but it was a 10 hour drive so it's not exactly local !! (we were doing other things too !)

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:37 pm 

There is an Archivers 45 minutes from my home.
I wish there was a LSS in my area! That's too bad about yours closing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:56 pm 
Design Team Member

alissa103 wrote:
DITTO!!! I wouldn't have met you otherwise! :D

Right back at ya!! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:46 pm 
Queen of Chit Chat

That's a bummer!!

I have Hobby Lobby and Michael's close by. The store that I consider to be my LSS is 30 minutes away.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:37 pm 
Design Team Member

boohoo. :( We don't have any.

My Blog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:28 pm 

I still have three, but they are all about 30 miles away. Since I began scrapbooking, approx. 12 years ago, I have seen 14 LSS close. When I was on holiday in Vancouver BC and Seattle, it was very difficult to find more than 1 or 2 LSS.

I love Webster's Pages.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Quote:
Since I began scrapbooking, approx. 12 years ago, I have seen 14 LSS close.
Wow. SO sad :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm 

In addition to the usual costs that an American LSS would have, we also have to deal with foreign exchange, customs, duty, Goods & Services Tax and shipping. A pizza box can cost $45 USA to ship from the US to New Zealand.

I love Webster's Pages.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 am 

The last LSS within 45 minutes of my house closed last month. We had a great rubber stamp store in our area and it's closing at the end of this month....but at least in that case it's because the owner is retiring after 30 years and not due to lack of business. We have several Michaels and Hobby Lobby stores and one Archivers in our area, but no more LSS's. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
Design Team Member

Paula's store was close to my house...and I know where she lives! We had another scrapbook/knitting shop that phased out the paper and kept the yarn. We used to have a LSS in Green Bay, but it closed. Same with the little shop in Anchorage. Bummer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 pm 

I do have an LSS and she's only been open a year! Business seems to be doing well for her even with a couple of family setbacks (her grandmother passed away and she was closed for a week and then her daughter had a baby and she was closed a few days.) She's gonna have to hire someone who can be there when she can't or her business won't thrive. I think she has problems letting someone else take the reins...which I can understand...but you run a business and sometimes you need another employee.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Jenny, she definitely needs someone else in there! Even just so she doesn't burn out :shock: