[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Old Stash

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Stash
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 pm 

Ok....so part of Alissa's challenge is to use something from last year. That made me dig into my old stash and I have been using some stuff. Don't get me wrong...the few layouts I have done have not put a dent in my GINORMOUS amount of stash...but it did make me smile to know that I finally used some things that I have been wanting to use and never did. Next on my list is my Bo Bunny valentine line from LAST YEAR! never used any of it! LOL.
Anyway...I think I have made that my goal...to use up some stash.
So, who all has a stash of scrappy goodness that you haven't touched but really really really wanted it when you bought it?

Post subject: Re: Old Stash
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Umm, ME!!! :lol: Especially after the CHA shows I attended... I wanted everything ;) Once we move and get settled, I really want to dig through my stash and use it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:01 pm 

UHHH...is this true confessions???? LOL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 am 
Smiley Queen

Ummmm...since my husband doesn't read this forum I can confess!! *holding my hand up!* I think I am going to have to ask to be buried with some of paper just to justify the enormity of it! :lol: :lol:

Scrappin' Every Moment

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 pm 

TOOO Funny Tami!

I have to admit...I have used ONLY older lines so far this year! It IS ONLY EIGHT days INTO the new year :roll: ...but still ...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

:lol:

Should we start a local chapter of Paper Horders Anonymous? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:37 am 
Design Team Member

Since I joined the DT I have hardly touched my stash. I even purged this fall and its still monumental. The paper's bad...but the alpha's! Man, those bins are full. And I'm still hoarding about 20 sheets of the Scenic Route light blue grid on white. I need help. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:21 pm 

Serious paper hoarder here too! I do still have some pieces of the original Crate Paper lines! And some Scenic Route too! :) And honestly, I still like them and use them from time to time. Not. Ready. To. Purge. :wink:

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

HOW did I miss this post???
Oh. My. Goodness. If you could see my stash :roll: ridiculous, I will admit it! And, Ruth, I still have some of those original 4 Crate Paper lines too! Yep, the Scenic Route grid paper, got it. Rusty Pickles, yep. I have 4 large Artbins FULL of Sweetwater - LOVE them, I need to find just the right things to use it on. Ummm, if I remember correctly I got three of each Sweetwater paper each month...

Definitely a hoarder here :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

I should have DH read this thread :lol: He will realize this is "normal." ;)

I also have a ton... and I mean a TON of the original Crate lines :oops: Through every single destash I've done, I always keep them b/c they are just so nice. I still love them! They are classics.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

alissa103 wrote:

I also have a ton... and I mean a TON of the original Crate lines :oops: Through every single destash I've done, I always keep them b/c they are just so nice. I still love them! They are classics.

DESTASH??? You really DO that? Hmmm, I can't bear the thought of it... Although, recently, I DID get rid of a TON of old magazines. You know, the ones that used to have paper tags that you had to cut out stapled in the center? Um, ya, they had to go :lol: I also got rid of a bunch of magazines that weren't nearly as old - I went through them and ripped out any layouts I wanted to keep (I was surprised there were really only a few), then tossed the mag. I was so proud of myself :D

Oh, the other thing I did recently, I got rid of all of my QK packaging. I mean that KILLED me to do, but since moving the store home, I just had to have the room. I only got rid of the plastic clam shell, I kept the paper insert that has the pretty picture of the die on it :) Now I filed them all sideways in those Pioneer photoboxes - got them on sale for $1.99 each. I think I will really like it this way and it takes up only 1/3 of the space it did before. Now, let's not talk about the 60 magnetic storage books I have for all the cookie cutter dies and alphas. Yes. I typed 60. No. I wasn't guessing or exaggerating. Yes. I am ill. Very, very, ill.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 am 

alissa103 wrote:

Classics, that's right, classics! I like that! :)

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm 

It is just amazing how many layouts I do and it never looks like I use any of my stash!! Except for cardstock which I run out of all the time. Maybe that means I should work on using PP as my base more often. Good luck on using it up!! How did we get so much stuff!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 am 

I think the key to maintaining and being able to add to a ridiculous amount of crafting supplies as I do, is organization. If it looks like it's organized in shelving and containers, then your family won't be calling TLC to apply to be on Hoarders. If your craft supplies are attacking your family and your pets are covered in glitter all the time, then perhaps you need an intervention. Until then I plan on continuing to build my empire of crafting goodies :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:22 am 
Design Team Coordinator

LOL, Tracy!!! :lol:

(and Paula, I got rid of my QK packaging when we moved. It was all in the attic and the packers/movers wanted to know if it was trash or not :oops: So I took all the papers out with the picture on it and let the rest go. I like your idea of filing it in a pioneer box. Might do that!)