[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Anyone going to CKC this year? Or have you been this year?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:52 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

I was supposed to go to the one here in a few weeks with some Memphis friends, but they pooped out on me :cry: I was really, really looking forward to the girl time and seeing them. Oh well.

I'm debating whether I should go on my own or not. Have you been this year? Or are you going? Did you take classes? What did you think? How was the shopping?

Help me make up my mind! It's pretty far away for me to drive to it from where we live, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. They changed the location and I have a feelign it's going to be a much smaller show this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:40 pm 

I went two weekends ago!!! My hubby works for a television station here in Vegas and CK did a morning segment. So I went up there to watch it and to meet Brooke from CKC. She is very nice and we had a great time talking. Then the next day I actually volunteered to work there and I was an assistant teacher in 2 classes. It was really fun and I did learn about something in each of those classes! Later I walked around and did a little bit of shopping. All in all I had a great time and the CKC girls are sooo nice and fun! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 am 
Design Team Coordinator

So fun, Rochelle! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:09 pm 

Alissa treat yourself and go..

I go by myself every year and always meet some great ladies.

I am going to Tulsa in August. I am volunteering for a 3hr spot on the first day. Than I am taking a few classes.

~~MICHELLE
http://scrappingprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
[img]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:59 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks, Michelle! I ended up signing up for one class on Saturday so that DH can hang with DS during it :) I'm going to take DS with me to shop the show on Friday, so that will be fun! Now I need to find a used umbrella stroller. CkC doesn't allow our kind of stroller on the show floor. Ugh!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:30 pm 

CKC came to houston the last weekend of June. I was able to go to the crop night...but nothing else. I spent 30 dollars to sit and do someone elses work for 4 hours ugh
lol
I love CKC though! I just had too much going on this time around.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 pm 

I've never been but it sounds like so much fun. Usually it's pretty far from where I live. Vegas would have worked. I'll have to keep my eye out for next year. I hope you have a great time Alissa!

Visit my blog: Sallys Challenge Chatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:27 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Thanks, Sally!

Quote:
I spent 30 dollars to sit and do someone elses work for 4 hours ugh
Well that's stinky :( Boo!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:06 pm 

I went for the first time the end of May. I didn't take a class, just went to look around. It wasn't as big as I thought it would be though. But of course, I did buy a couple of things! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:45 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

:lol: of course, Jaynne! ALthough after unpacking my scrap stuff... I DO. NOT. NEED. TO. GO. SCRAPPY. SHOPPING :roll: ;) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:12 am 

I hear ya, Alissa! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:56 pm 

alissa103 wrote:
ALthough after unpacking my scrap stuff... I DO. NOT. NEED. TO. GO. SCRAPPY. SHOPPING :roll: ;) :lol:

If need were a requirement for me scrappy shopping I'd be banned from shopping for years. Seriously I own WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!! So I say go have fun and spend a little. It's always so much fun to get new products!

Visit my blog: Sallys Challenge Chatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 am 
Design Team Coordinator

I ended up going! Thanks for the encouragement :D

I took DS in the stroller and we walked around the shopping section. I bought a couple of page kits in the Jenni Bowlin and Creating Keepsakes booths for DS's album (they had some great boy kits and I figure I can put the pages together when my brain is too tired to come up with my own idea :lol: ) and a few sheets of Carta Bella paper that I had my eye on. I was really, really good otherwise. I just tried to stick to stuff I knew I'd use/do so as not to add to my stash too much. DH was even impressed with my ability to reign myself in :lol:

It was a fun morning! And it wore DS out and he took a long nap that afternoon. Score!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm 

Glad you had a fun time Alissa. Did you take a class? If so which one did you take.

I am fixing to sign up for my classes for the Tulsa one. I have the volunteering time but haven't signed up for my classes.

~~MICHELLE
http://scrappingprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
[img]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:59 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Michelle, I took one class: It was the "Lovely Layers" something or other class by Creating Keepsakes. I thought the pages we made were very cute and they'll work for pretty much anything. The paper line is more gender neutral (there are some florals, but you can easily flip the sheet over and use the other side or use another embellishment) than some of the classes.

While I didn't really learn anything new (I've been scrapping 13 years :lol: ), I thought the class was put together nicely and the lecture portion was interesting. We actually got a two-pager and single page done in class, which is pretty rare at a convention! I thought the pace was perfect as well.

I recommend this one!