[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Staci's May Fussy Cutting challenge

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:11 am 

Hi everyone! Staci here (May's guest designer), and I am challenging you guys to use some sort of fussy cutting/handcutting on your layout. This is one of my favorite techniques to use, and as soon as I saw the gorgeous Simple Stories paper in this month's kit, I knew I had to cut right into it! I handcut several flowers to use as an embellishment, and I also cut around the loops of the stitched cardstock to change it up a bit :D

You have from now until midnight Eastern time on May 31 to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "May '13 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:24 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Awesome! Love your layout :D

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:41 am 

Beautiful layout! Love it and great challenge!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:47 am 

So cute!!! Love the fussy cutting! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:04 pm 

Great fun challenge. Love your layout Staci....

~~MICHELLE
http://scrappingprocrastinator.blogspot.com/
[img]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:35 am 

I did my fussy cutting!!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am 

Staci--Great challenge and beautiful layout! :)
Misty--Love your LO, too. :) Did the background paper come with the white dots on it? If not, what technique did you use to make them?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 pm 

Jaynne wrote:
Misty--Love your LO, too. :) Did the background paper come with the white dots on it? If not, what technique did you use to make them?

Jaynne...it did not! I have a mini punch that punches those little random sized holes. I just did it all the way around the page then layered it on a sheet of solid white cardstock that came in the kit..I have never done that before and I really liked how it turned out! :) I think fiskars has a similar punch...mine is an OLD Creative Memories one. >>>That I never used! LOL

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:58 am 

I LOVE fussy cutting! I did a couple for this challenge.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:31 am 

Love seeing all these beautiful layouts, everyone is doing a great job with the fussy cutting!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:02 pm 
Design Team Member

These are so pretty! The florals really lend themselves, don't they?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm 

I loved these papers from Fancy Pants "Walk in the Park". I wanted the circles, but my circle punch was too big so I ended up fussy cutting them. If you look real close, they aren't perfect, but close enough!! We remodeled our kitchen recently and these are the before and after pictures! This is a great idea for a challenge!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:20 pm 

Misty-- that is a great technique. I think that I will look for a similar punch and try that! :wink:

Ladies- very nice LOs that you have done for this challenge. They are terrific.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 am 

mommyof5kidz wrote:
Jaynne wrote:

Jaynne...it did not! I have a mini punch that punches those little random sized holes. I just did it all the way around the page then layered it on a sheet of solid white cardstock that came in the kit..I have never done that before and I really liked how it turned out! :) I think fiskars has a similar punch...mine is an OLD Creative Memories one. >>>That I never used! LOL

I have one of those punches from EK Success. It is called "Swiss Cheese" and rightfully so! :lol: :lol: :lol: