[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Margy's June Challenge - Size Matters!

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 pm 
Design Team Member

Happy Summer, Everyone!

One of my favorite designers is Jennifer Larson. She's on the "Write.Click.Scrapbook" crew and appears in the magazines frequently. Jennifer lives in Minnesota and every so often publishes a layout with a big, beautiful photo full of sky and prarie and a family member or two. They're just stunning. I love the look of the huge photo so I decided to blow up this fairly decent pic of my little dog...

So if bigger is sometimes better, what about tiny? I went through some of my old pages looking for examples with bitty photos. This one took the cake. Yes, I punched photos into circles...but for effect! And a lot of them were scanned fronm slides (remember those?) and really did have better detail when printed small.

Your challenge this month is to go to the extremes of size - use either a huge photo, or one or more tiny ones.

And the small print...
You have from now until midnight Eastern time on June 30 to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "June '13 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 am 

Beautiful LOs Margy! Great challenge, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:06 am 

beautiful layouts!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Wow, I love your examples! SUch a great challenge, too. Can't wait to see what everyone cooks up with this one! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:40 am 

LOVE you examples!!!!! FABULOUS challenge!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:55 am 

Wonderful examples! I don't often scrap either of those sizes so will be fun to try. :D

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:03 am 
Design Team Member

I was just over at write.click.scrapbook.com...check out Jennifer's summer bucket list layout - big is better!
http://www.writeclickscrapbook.com/writ ... 05c105970c

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 pm 

Gorgeous layouts, Margy!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:09 am 

I did two with large photos - a 5x7 on one and a 8x10 on the other and then did one with several small wallet sized photos.