[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Alissa's November Theme Challenge

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Yeah for November! This time of year means LOTS of themed paper in the scrapbook world. From Halloween to fall to winter to loads of Christmas... and then Valentine's :lol:

So my challenge for you is to use themed paper... on a non-themed layout! Dig through your stash and pick patterns that don't scream "theme" and use them. Or use the paper in a creative way, like I did here. I used Basic Grey's newest travel line (and some MME) on a page about my son's first ride on a carousel. The colors, the tickets, they worked!

You have from now until midnight Eastern time on Nov. 30 to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "Nov. '13 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm 

I love these kinds of challenges, Alissa. I have a more themed papers than I do themed photos. This will be fun! :D

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:33 pm 

I have some themed papers right now in my work space. I will have to find some photos to go with it. :wink:
Can't wait to see your LO!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm 
Design Team Member

I am a hoarder of themed paper. And I barely use it! This is a perfect challenge for me!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am 

Here's mine using Glitz 'The Raven' Halloween papers with DGD Kaylee's basketball photos. :D

Shooting Hoops!

Deanna ~ Belpre, Ohio ~ scrapping since 2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am 

These papers are perfect for your photos Deanna! Great job!! :D

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am 

Berta wrote:
These papers are perfect for your photos Deanna! Great job!! :D

Thanks Berta! Our school colors are orange and black so I'm often using Halloween papers with sports photos. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:57 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Seriously, Deanna! Those are PERFECT papers for that page!!! It turned out great! Love it!!!

I'm glad this one is inspiring you! I thought it would be fun since this time of year is all about the themed stuff :lol:

And I'm sorry my LO is so small up there :( I've fiddled and fiddled with it and I just can't get it to upload any bigger. Sometimes technology makes me want to tear out my hair :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 am 

Nice job on the LO Alissa. The papers and the pictures go great together. Love the photos of your little man!!
Great LO Deanna! I love it when papers go with my photos so easily! Then I don't have to search for the perfect papers.

I finished my LO last night. Here it is. I hope that I got this right-it wasn't holiday themed. My themed paper was from the June Kit--Honkey Tonk--so music themed and country/western? Anyway, I thought that the muted colors of the picture and the pp went together great.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm 

Awesome job, Jaynne! Beautiful photo and these papers work great with it!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am 

Thanks so much Alissa and Jaynne! :D Off to leave some love in the gallery.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am 

I thought this would be impossible then I found these Halloween papers and it worked well with these photos. So I loved the challenge after all! haha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am 

Great job Sherri! I agree...Halloween papers are great for outdoor photos! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:40 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Sherri - you're right! Halloween papers work perfectly! :D Yay! Or should I say, "Boo?" :lol:

Jaynne - love your page! I think the country/western papers count, yes! See, you didn't do a page about horses, right?! :lol: It turned out great and I love the design! Nice one!

THanks for playing along, everyone!