[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Berta's Nov. "Thanksgiving Dinner" challenge.

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:55 pm 

When I think of November I think of Thanksgiving. And when I think of Thanksgiving of course I think of FOOD. So my challenge this month is to do a layout that features something you eat. It doesn't have to be your Thanksgiving meal.

My page features my husbands idea of redneck seafood (hotdog/squid). Our granddaughters got a kick out of it. :lol:

You have from now until midnight Eastern time on Nov. 30 to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "Nov. '13 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:29 pm 

Great challenge. I have some"food" ideas for this.

I like your LO. Is the pocket you made is a mosaic from torn pieces of paper? What a great idea. I haven't seen that on any LOs. Nice creativity! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:26 pm 

Photos from our backpacking trip last Nov and eating oatmeal out of a plastic bag. make it and eat it all in one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:01 pm 

Fun page Sherri! Love the camping embellies! Our family loves camping, too! But never had oatmeal in a bag. How'd you do that?

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm 

Jaynne wrote:
Great challenge. I have some"food" ideas for this.

I like your LO. Is the pocket you made is a mosaic from torn pieces of paper? What a great idea. I haven't seen that on any LOs. Nice creativity! :)

Yes, Jayne. That's exactly what it is. Cut out the pocket first then covered it with pieces of paper, then trimmed the edges and added faux stitching. I used a Page Maps sketch for the design.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:59 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Love your pages, Berta & Sherri! :D ANd this challenge is a fun one, Berta. A good twist on the standard Thanksgiving fare! We were in New Orleans not too long ago and I took a ton of food pics. I need to scrap them!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 am 

Berta wrote:
Fun page Sherri! Love the camping embellies! Our family loves camping, too! But never had oatmeal in a bag. How'd you do that?

It is simple actually. Just take instant oatmeal and put it in a fairly thick baggie before you leave to backpack/camp, boil water and add to bag. squish it up and then tear hole in bottom of bag and squeeze out to eat. No clean up, no mess, just one used back to backpack out and no utensils to clean up. great breakfast for backpacking!
:P