[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Alissa's January "Photo Compilation" Challenge

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:52 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Happy New Year, friends! :D I hope 2014 is a great year for you all.

I love the start of the new year. First off, January is kind of boring here at our house and I LIKE IT :lol: DH's busiest work month of the year is over, he travels less and all the craziness that is December is behind us. Ah. It's a big lovely open month!

January also makes me want to organize...and reflect on the year behind us as well! So my challenge this month is just that. I want you to ORGANIZE a photo pile or theme you've been wanting to do, and also REFLECT on the past with those photos. Make sense?

Here's my sample using the We R Memory Keepers line in the upcoming January Medley kit. This line was absolutely perfect for my idea and I knew instantly the direction I wanted to go when I saw it :D For DS's first year, I took a photo of him in a onesie with the month he turned, every month on the day he was born. Here's the result of a year's worth of photos & my favorite "personality" shots from each photo session. Aww!

For your page, consider printing your favorite photos from 2013 as a sort of year end wrap-up. Or maybe your kids in front of the Christmas tree every year from birth until now. Or maybe what your garden looked like this spring, fall, summer and winter. That sort of thing. Get it? Let me know if you have any questions!

You have from now until midnight Eastern time on Jan. 31 to complete the challenge. You may complete as many projects using the challenge as you wish. Each project will earn you an entry into our monthly prize drawing. Please upload your layout to our gallery in the appropriate "Jan. '14 Challenges" folder to be eligible for the prize.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Well, shoot. I'm not sure why my photo is so small. Let me try this one:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Mmmkay. Photobucket is not cooperating with me :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:53 pm 

Wonderful page and great challenge Alissa! Love the WRMK "Notable" Collection!
Happy New Year!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 pm 
Design Team Member

I love love this layout!!!

My Blog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:26 pm 

Great challenge. I know some pictures I may use--although they don't span a LONG time--really just a couple weeks. However, they do show just how fast our kitty got sick. Is that strange? I need to do it because I was feeling that we put her to sleep too soon, until I went back and looked at the pictures and saw just how quickly the side of her face swelled up in just two weeks....so it is kind of a therapeutic LO for me.....we'll see if I can do it. May pick a different topic instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:34 pm 

I love your page.. and great mix of photos.. amazing ..

here is my double page of November photos during our FL. condo renovations.

http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:40 pm 

Great challenge idea Alissa and your layout is ADORABLE! Love the monthly onesies...so cute!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:04 pm 

I think I get it. But if I do it wrong I can always try again, right? LOL!! :D Love what you and Bev did for this one.

Anything can happen to me tomorrow but at least nothing else can happen to me yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

WTG, Bev!!! :D Great idea for this challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:06 am 

Here's my interpretation...not exactly a compilation but documenting the passage of time nonetheless:

The full size image is in the January DT gallery since I had enough of my kit left to complete an entire layout!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:06 pm 

Very fun challenge. Every ones layouts look great.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:12 pm 

fun challenge and fabulous pages. Here's mine - I used 7 photos of Nathan from 2013 to document his major milestones/achievements from last year

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:10 am 

What a fun challenge and such awesome layouts!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Wow, way to go, girls!

Kristie, great page and I'm impressed you were able to use up some more of your kit! Yay!

Heather, love your design and all the details! Such a cool "dude" looking page, too. It turned out fabulous!

Thanks for playing along, ladies! I hope you got some pages cranked out using this challenge that you might not have otherwise :D