[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - November Guest Designer Contest {due Oct. 10}

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:23 am 
Design Team Coordinator

We love seeing what you all create with these sketches each month and we can't wait to see what you do with this one! Becky Fleck of http://www.pagemaps.com does these just for us and we love her for it! :)

We'd like to see your layout include a title, photo(s) and journaling. Layouts will be judged by our design team on creativity and best overall design. The winning layout will earn a spot on our team for the month of November and this Guest Designer will get to work with one of our monthly kits. There will also be a random drawing from all contest entries for a prize.

Rules of our Guest Designer Contest:
1. One (1) layout entry per person.

2. Entry must use the sketch above and include a title, photo(s) and journaling.

3. Your layout must be NEWLY CREATED for this contest and not posted elsewhere during the contest period. After the contest is over, you can post your creation wherever you'd like.

4. Deadline for entries is October 10, midnight Eastern time (New York City time), so we can announce our winner approximately around October 15.

5. NEW ENTRY GUIDELINES WITH OUR GALLERY BEING DOWN: Please post a copy of your layout submission to this thread. You will need to use a photo hosting service to do this, such as http://www.tinypic.com or http://www.photobucket.com. If you have any questions on how to do this, please post them on this thread.

6. Due to increased international shipping times and our tight due dates, we are no longer able to accept international submissions for our Guest Designer contest, with the exception of Canadian entries. Canadian entries ARE still being accepted. If you are not physically located in the the continental United States (or Alaska or Hawaii) or Canada, we cannot accept your submission. We're continuing to keep an eye on the shipping situation and will reevaluate this rule if it improves.

7. You must not have been a Guest Design Team Member at Back Porch Memories in the last six months. If it's been over that time period, feel free to enter again.

If you're chosen as a Guest Designer for Back Porch Memories:

1. You'll be contacted via a BPM private message, and you're required to accept the position within 1 day of notification (preferably ASAP).

2. Your photo and bio will be featured in our newsletter and we will need these within a few days of your acceptance.

3. You'll receive one of the November kits and will be required to complete at least 3 layouts and 1 project (altered piece, card set, etc.) with the kit. These must be uploaded to the November Design Team folder in our gallery by November 10th (or, if our gallery is still down, emailed to us).

4. One of your layouts must be completed and emailed to us by Oct. 31 so it may be included on our site as a "teaser."

5. You will be assigned to host a monthly challenge on our message board AND use our monthly sketch to complete a layout for our newsletter. The sketch assignment counts as one of your three required layouts. For the challenge, you can use any previously designed project you wish.

6. We love getting to know you and so do our members. You'll participate in the forums by posting a minimum of 5 times a week.

We can't wait to see what you do with this sketch! Good luck! :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:43 pm 

Another awesome sketch!

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am 

Neat sketch. I hope that I can submit an entry this month! :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:58 am 

Would a Picasa account work instead of photobucket?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:17 pm 

Please email me for any questions at abigailkirkpatrick@yahoo.com

Abigail Stoops

http://www.chroniclesofmylife3.blogspot.com

Last edited by abigailocd on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Yes! That is fine to use :D GREAT entry, Abigail! :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:13 pm 

Here is my take on the sketch. The PP is 5 & Dime by October Afternoon, the chipboard stickers are the same line, Doodle Twine, Thickers and Washi tape. The kraft and cream are from my stash. The pictures are my son's senior pictures--children grow up too fast!
TFL

edited to put the photo in your post instead of a link ;) -Alissa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Awesome, Jaynne!!! Love the little banner and the mix of papers you used. This sketch was perfect for your photos! :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:16 pm 

Thanks, Alissa.
I had fun putting the LO together and working with this sketch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 am 

hi everyone.. just joined here.. I printed the sketch and it looks like a great way to get to know you all so will see if I can get the sketch done and apply for GDT.

http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:07 am 

Thanks Alissa! And, Jayne, wow! I love those washi tapes you used. Where did you find those? I was also noticing how you used the tapes at the top and the banner at the bottom. So clever!!! I might just have to try that :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:04 am 

Abigail--Thanks for the compliment. The tape is from Archivers, I don't remember the brand, it was two of three tapes in a package.

Your LO is very nice. I like the real pocket that you added.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 am 

Thank you, Jayne. We don't have Archivers here :( Maybe Hobby Lobby or some other craft store has something similar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:45 am 

Abigail - love the pocketful of flowers
Jayne - fabulous masculine page - lov the colors

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 pm 

Hi here is mine I thought I forgot again to get in on time but there is still another week!

http://dscog.blogspot.com/Donna

blog,
http://donnasscrappydo.blogspot.com/