[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - What are you doing for Easter?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

We're doing low-key here. I don't feel like cooking a big meal and it's just the two of us anyway. DH is picking up a little hunk of ham from a place that does them and I'll make some mashed potatoes, a simple salad and... maybe some steamed carrots or something else easy. I do have some coconut cupcakes on order from my fave bakery. Yummy!!

What about you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm 

We don't have any plans this year. Normally we'd go to my brother's parents church (his dad is a minister) and then out to lunch with them. Then over to the in-laws for dinner. Since they're now all across the country. We'll most likely go out to lunch and lay low the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 am 

Church in the morning and then dinner at our house.........with 3 of the 5 kids. :) Can't wait! Hoping I can get the timing of everything right in the ovens before I leave for church. LOL ;)

My blog: http://inreallifefaith.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 am 
Design Team Member

This weekend was crazy. Crazy. I had 4 days off, I was so excited for the extra long weekend but then I stayed everyday in the road. I need a vacation now to recover. It was wonderful though, the kids really had a wonderful Easter...and I got some great pictures! Yay! I always love an excuse to have my camera out!

My Blog

Numbers 6: 24-26

Karry - Northeast GA - Scrapping since 2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:37 am 
Design Team Coordinator

I always want a vacation after vacation, Karry :lol: Glad you had fun!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 am 

We had a 3 days off of school for "spring break" around Easter weekend. It was great--usually we are using a couple of days for make up days because of bad weather day missed during the winter, but in my corner of OH we didn't have any winter to speak of!!

After church on Sunday, my son and I took off on a college visit to PA, right at the foothills of the Poconos---beautiful there, but over 9 hrs away! We were there overnight and then left early afternoon yesterday for home! Nice college, but too expensive for him and us!! He has been accepted at the same college as my daughter, in WI. That is a little closer--only 6 1/2 hrs away and much more affordable.

We had to miss Easter dinner with my side of the family. I usually have everyone over to our house. This year they had dinner at a resturant. Doesn't seem quite fair to me! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

9 hours does seem far, Jaynne! 6 1/2 is a little better. ;)

We are about 10 hours from our family and it sometimes feels like a separate planet away :lol: