[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Things other than layouts... what counts?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:35 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Hey, everyone!

We have been getting some questions regarding what is allowed to be made for each challenge. Most of our challenges do assume or state "make a layout." However, we have been asked if altered projects, mini books and cards are ok.

My answer? YES. Mini books, altered projects and cards are fine. HOWEVER... That being said, please don't abuse this, ok? I'm especially referring to cards as they (usually) take a little less time than an altered project or mini albums would. So if you hurriedly throw together three cards for every challenge just so you have more entries in the prize drawings, I would say that's abusing the rules and we will deal with that on a case-by-case basis.

Sound ok? Have fun creating WHATEVER your little heart desires! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 am 

I was only thinking of cards for the challenges that had specifically stated cards... but to be honest--I struggle more with cards...so I don't know if I would do many! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:18 am 

Sounds good, thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:27 am 

Thanks! I normally just do the LO's, but I need to make 3 cards for tonight, so this will help. I'll make sure they're extra embellished!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:20 am 
Design Team Coordinator

No problem! Others had asked about it, too so this way it's a little more clear. And more cardmakers & altered girls can play along! Win-win :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:00 pm 

Sorry for the extra questions! I know I was one of the ones asking.

I don't really paper scrap these days, but am always looking for new challenges and ideas for card making. A lot of my cards are simple, but I do go a bit crazy with the distress ink these days :) That being said, I agree that a typical page takes longer than a typical card though.

I've turned in 3 cards, but all for different challenges. Is it okay to do all cards and no pages if they are all for different challenges, vs. tripling up on one challenge? I'm new here, and don't want to overstep. Thanks!!!

Jackie from Ohio - scrapping since 1998
jacabean.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:02 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Quote:
I've turned in 3 cards, but all for different challenges. Is it okay to do all cards and no pages if they are all for different challenges, vs. tripling up on one challenge? I'm new here, and don't want to overstep. Thanks!!!
Yes, I think that seems fair and a good way to go. Go for it! :)