[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Classes: Sneak Peek Previews and Supply Lists

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:39 am 
Offline
Design Team Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 16629
Location: Nashville. YAY!!!
Start getting excited, croppers!

Here's a list of who will be teaching what classes during our crop and what you will need :D Most everything will be things you already probably have on hand or can easily get. Of course, substitutions are totally fine if you don't have or can't find something.

Material Girl: Fabric Flower Class
Taught by Deb
Supplies: Fabric scraps (approx. 6x6" in size), mod podge (or some other glue type adhesive), light or medium weight cardstock, spray adhesive, tweezers or quilling tool, scissors, buttons, foam brush or sponge for mod podge

Signed, Sealed & Delivered: Envelope Mini Album
Taught by Danielle P.
Supplies: invitation sized envelopes (5-6), cardstock, patterned paper, coordinating embellishments, coordinating ribbon, red liner tape (or other strong adhesive), ink (if desired)

Mist, Spritz, Splat: Misting Class
Taught by Alissa
Supplies: Any mists you might own, like Maya Mist, Glimmer Mist, Smooch, Perfect Pearls Mist, etc; pre-made die cuts or die cut machine; embossing powder, embossing ink pad and heat tool; stickers; coordinating patterned papers and cardstock.

Our full classes, complete with photos and instructions, will be posted on the day our crop starts (Friday, May 13). You will then be able to do the classes at your own leisure, whenever you have time - a whole week, in fact! Finished class projects aren't "due" to be eligible for prize drawings until Saturday, May 21st at Midnight EST.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 am
Posts: 925
OH wow--these sound amazing!!!!

Spray adhesive? Would a different adhesive work?

What is red liner tape? Like Painters tape or would electrical tape work--have that in several colors...

_________________
Kim~Southeastern CT~ Scrapping since 2008 (scrappy shopping even longer!)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:47 pm 
Offline
Design Team Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 16629
Location: Nashville. YAY!!!
I will let Deb answer the question about the spray adhesive since I'm not sure! :)

But I can answer the ? about red liner tape. It's a VERY strong, double-sided adhesive. So no, painter's tape or something like that wouldn't work. Here's what Danielle is talking about:

Image

You could also use Terrifically Tacky Tape, Score-Tape, or any other dry, double-sided adhesive that is super duper strong :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 pm 
Offline
Design Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:57 pm
Posts: 1272
alissa103 wrote:
I will let Deb answer the question about the spray adhesive since I'm not sure! :)

But I can answer the ? about red liner tape. It's a VERY strong, double-sided adhesive. So no, painter's tape or something like that wouldn't work. Here's what Danielle is talking about:

Image

You could also use Terrifically Tacky Tape, Score-Tape, or any other dry, double-sided adhesive that is super duper strong :D


I agree! Thanks Alissa!

_________________
Danielle P. ~ Marietta, GA ~ scrapping since 1998
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm 
Offline
Design Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 3868
karennie34 wrote:
OH wow--these sound amazing!!!!

Spray adhesive? Would a different adhesive work?

What is red liner tape? Like Painters tape or would electrical tape work--have that in several colors...

Kim, the spray adhesive is really not totally necessary. It just sort of holds things together temporarily while you are doing the project. I didn't actually try it, but I think hairspray might actually work for what I am doing with it. Don't worry about getting spray adhesive if you don't have any. I think you will still be able to get the same results without it.

_________________
Deb - Southern Indiana - Scrapping since 2003

Image

My Scrap Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:40 pm
Posts: 672
Location: Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the heads up, need to get a few things!

_________________
Kelly - Buffalo, NY - scrapping since 2009
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:03 am
Posts: 925
skinnimini wrote:
karennie34 wrote:
OH wow--these sound amazing!!!!

Spray adhesive? Would a different adhesive work?

What is red liner tape? Like Painters tape or would electrical tape work--have that in several colors...

Kim, the spray adhesive is really not totally necessary. It just sort of holds things together temporarily while you are doing the project. I didn't actually try it, but I think hairspray might actually work for what I am doing with it. Don't worry about getting spray adhesive if you don't have any. I think you will still be able to get the same results without it.


Since it is with fabric---could I pin it or baste it until it is complete?

_________________
Kim~Southeastern CT~ Scrapping since 2008 (scrappy shopping even longer!)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:34 pm 
Offline
Design Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:50 pm
Posts: 3868
karennie34 wrote:
skinnimini wrote:
karennie34 wrote:
OH wow--these sound amazing!!!!

Spray adhesive? Would a different adhesive work?

What is red liner tape? Like Painters tape or would electrical tape work--have that in several colors...

Kim, the spray adhesive is really not totally necessary. It just sort of holds things together temporarily while you are doing the project. I didn't actually try it, but I think hairspray might actually work for what I am doing with it. Don't worry about getting spray adhesive if you don't have any. I think you will still be able to get the same results without it.


Since it is with fabric---could I pin it or baste it until it is complete?

You could pin it, but I don't think it will be necessary. If it starts to unwind too much, sticking a pin through it would probably work until the glue dries.

_________________
Deb - Southern Indiana - Scrapping since 2003

Image

My Scrap Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:00 pm
Posts: 2045
Location: NC
I sure wish I hadn't dropped my heat gun and killed it!!! :evil:

_________________
Jenny

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.028s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]