[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Envelope Mini Album Class

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:05 am 
Design Team Member

Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Challenge/Class Due: Saturday, May 21st at midnight EST

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but I am in love with mini-albums! They are all over my house, and some have overflowed to my friends homes! They are just so fun and I find it a challenge each time to not add to much to an album. I am an embellishment junkie!

So for the class today, I am going to show you how to make a mini-album out of envelopes. Here is the supply list:

Five invitation size envelopes
Patterned paper and cardstock
Coordinating embellishments
Ribbon
Red-liner tape

This is going to be really easy and fast. Are you ready??? Let's begin!

Image Image
This first envelope will be placed on your workspace with the opening facing up. Fold the flap under the envelope. We will use this flap later. Place the second envelope with the opening facing down.

Image Tuck the second envelopes flap into the first envelopes until the scored edges touch. You may want to put a little bit of adhesive on the flaps to keep them in place. In mine, I did not. They are staying in place just fine without it!

Image Fold the second envelope over so that its opening it facing up.

Image Repeat the process until it looks something like this.

Image Now unfold the flap from the first envelopes. Place your red liner tape all over the flap. If you don't have red liner tape, any strong dry adhesive will do. It doesn't show in the photo, but I ended up putting extra adhesive where it folds over the edges of the other envelopes. It made the binding of it stronger. After applying the adhesive, fold the flap over the fifth envelope and attach.

Image It should hold together and look like this.

Image Image
Add your cardstock, patterned paper and photos. Depending on the size of your envelopes your measurements will be different. Don't forget to cut some cardstock to slide into the envelope itself.

Here is the finished product:
Image This is the front. I used the Salty Air line from Cosmo Cricket.

Image These are the inserts that I put inside the envelopes.

Image Page one and Page two.

Image Page three and Page four.

Image Page five and Page six.

Image Page seven and Page eight.

Image This is the backcover. I always leave it blank and sign and date it. Just helps me remember when it was made.

Now it is time to see what you come up with. I can't wait to see it. Add as little or as much as you want. Ink it, paint it, distress it! There are so many possibilites. Happy scrapping and let me know if you have any questions.

Now it's your turn! Complete this class and upload it to our gallery in the proper folder (Signed, Sealed, Delivered) under "May Crop Challenges & Classes" by Saturday, May 21st at midnight EST.

You may enter up to THREE projects per person, per challenge. Two page layouts count as one entry, even if you upload each side separately. Projects must be NEWLY CREATED specifically for this challenge. You cannot combine challenges.

Last edited by dannykay on Fri May 13, 2011 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 am 

What a clever idea! Can't wait to try this.

Laura~ New Jersey~ scrapping since 2003

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:14 am 
Design Team Coordinator

:shock: How. Absolutely. DARLING!!! Oh, I have *just* the photos to make into a mini book this size! I can't wait to get started!

Great class, Danielle! As always, I love this mini book of yours :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 am 

I love it!!!! Now to see if I can actually follow the directions.....I am so bad at that!! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:29 am 
Design Team Member

What a cool idea!! Awesome class!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:30 am 

I was out all morning trying to find the tape for this! Any of the ones suggested...no luck! I tried Joanns, Walmart, Staples..and anything else around... I didn't have enough time to run to Ms and ACMoore..thank goodness we have the week to work on this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm 
Design Team Member

karennie34 wrote:
I was out all morning trying to find the tape for this! Any of the ones suggested...no luck! I tried Joanns, Walmart, Staples..and anything else around... I didn't have enough time to run to Ms and ACMoore..thank goodness we have the week to work on this!

Even if you have photo squares or just slather it with your tape runner, I think it will be fine. When you add the patterned paper and cardstock to the envelopes, it will help to reinforce it. Don't stress about the tape!! Just use what ya got!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm 
Smiley Queen

This is just LOvELy!!!! I have to try this one for sure! Your mini is so stinking adorable! I keep passing up that Salt Air paper line, but you're making me want it again...lol

Scrappin' Every Moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:33 am 

Nice little mini!! Yeah, I have to agree about passing up on the Salt Air line but you are seriously making me think twice! It goes great with your pictures.

I am going to stick this class in my memory bank and come back to it another day because I would feel guilty considering I need to make 2 8x8 mini books. One for my niece's prom and the other is for my husband's grandmother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:21 pm 

So fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:54 pm 

What is the size of an invitation envelope? I can make them with cardstock and my Silhouette....LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:13 am 
Design Team Member

kryptonite72 wrote:
What is the size of an invitation envelope? I can make them with cardstock and my Silhouette....LOL!

Good question!! Why didn't I put the size up in the directions?? Silly me. The size on envelopes I used were 4 3/4 x 6 1/2. They are invite envelopes from Walmart. They seem so run bigger the regular invites envelopes. But anyway, great idea to just make them on your silhouette!! Can't wait to see what you do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:41 pm 

thanks for the inspiration ... added my book to the challenge thread :)