[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - It's Hip to be Square

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Hip to be Square
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:04 am 
Design Team Coordinator

It's Hip to be Square
Due Date: Sunday, May 15 @ 6 p.m. Eastern

For this challenge, I want you to dig through your scraps and pull out at least FOUR that work well/look nice together. They shouldn't be all from the same company or paper line, since the idea is to mix and match different colors and patterns for a totally new look. Then, use these patterns in squares. You could block a 12x12 sheet of cardstock with four different 6x6 scraps. You could cut them all different size squares and make a collage, etc. The point is to use them as squares!

Got it? You need to mix and match at least four different patterned papers from different manufacturers (or at least four different paper lines). Cut them into squares and use them on a layout.

Here's my example. I had fun digging through my scraps and seeing combos I wouldn't have normally have put together! I have papers from 5 different manufacturers: Making Memories (green snowflakes); Bo Bunny (red polka dot - and this is really, really old :lol: ); Scenic Route (blue circles); Fancy Pants (stripe); Basic Grey (branch looking piece). Thanks to Helen Croft for the LO idea.

Now it's your turn! Complete this challenge and upload it to our gallery in the proper folder (It's Hip to be Square) under "May Crop Challenges & Classes" by Sunday, May 15 at 6 p.m. EST. You may enter up to THREE projects per person, per challenge. Two page layouts count as one entry, even if you upload each side separately. Projects must be NEWLY CREATED specifically for this challenge. You cannot combine challenges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:41 am 

Great challenge! I love your LO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:43 am 

love this challenge! and Christmas colors really do look so pretty against the kraft paper!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:44 am 

I have lots of scraps to look through! Love your lo and mix of papers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:20 am 
Design Team Member

This is so much fun! I love your page!! Awesome design!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 am 

love your layout!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:26 pm 

love the blocking and great mix of papers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 pm 

Sounds fun. I love your layout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:14 pm 

Posted mine. Sorry for the poor photo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm 

This was a really fun challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:00 pm 
Design Team Member

Crystal, I love that page! Love how you matted all of the squares and the rounded corners!

My Scrap Blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:43 pm 

I had a lot of fun playing with this one

Heather - Anchorage, Alaska - scrapping since approx 2002

My Blog - http://scrappininak.wordpress.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:37 pm 
Design Team Coordinator

Oh goodness!!! :shock: You all have been busy :D I'm off to the gallery to leave you all some love on your individual pages! Thanks for playing along with my challenge. Glad you enjoyed it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:13 am 

fun challenge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:57 am 
Design Team Coordinator

Awesome work, everyone! I am caught up on giving you all a little love in the gallery up to here. You all have been busy! :shock: