[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2202: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Back Porch Memories • View topic - clear/acrylic vs. rubber stamps: preferences?

Back Porch Memories

Monthly Kit Club
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 9 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 am 
Design Team Coordinator

I have to admit most of my stamping collection is full of acrylic stamps. I just love being able to see where I put them! Plus, I think they're very economical. You get a lot for your $!

What about you? Are you more of a clear or rubber stamp user? Both? Neither? Tell us why!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:08 am 

I have both. I like acrylic because I can see where I am stamping them, but I like rubber because the images are so precise. Some of my most favorite rubber stamps are the $1 stamps at Micheal's. I LOVE the idea of stamps, but have a really hard time incorporating them on LO's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:40 am 

I have both, too. But most of them are acrylic. I prefer the storage benefits of acrylic and I agree with Alissa, I think you get more for your money. I also LOVE that I can see where I am stamping.

Come Visit My Blog!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:17 am 

I love both. I noticed stamps for scrapbooking tend to be more acrylic. As I'm into mixed media as well, I find the images for them tend to be in rubber. There is a difference using either one. Rubber is more durable and harder and therefore the pressure on it is stronger. Acrylic is softer and require more care and also you don't need to press too hard on it too.

I find that you tend to get a crispier image when using rubber as opposed to acrylic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:15 pm 

I started stamping because I have a friend who's a Stampin' Up rep, so I have a lot of wooden stamps. I think they give a sharper image, but placement is not always easy to do. Most of the stamps I've bought in the last year or so have been acrylic ones - mainly because they have such cool images out now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:38 pm 

I have slowly sold off all my rubber stamps in favor of clear ones...easier for me to use and cheaper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm 

I have both -- but I like the resulting images from a rubber stamp better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:52 pm 

I definitely have more acrylic stamps than rubber ones.

Mommy to Harrison, Nevan, and Pierson

http://zeldadog1.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:15 am 

I use the acryllic stamps more because I am not the worlds best stamper. without the visual before I stamp, I get all nervous and second guess too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 am 

I LOVE acrylic stamps! Problem is I don't use them that much. I use the fonts more than anything.

http://mycharmingblog-scrappermimi.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 am 

i'm not sure i find any difference in the quality of the image between the two...maybe because i'm so cack-handed!! but i will choose a clear stamp every time given the choice...still looking for the perfect storage solution tho!!

in the beginning...i did think acrylic stamps were a bit flimsy, especially some of the tiny letter ones, but i think they are firmer now on the whole...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:19 pm 

i only have 3 rubber stamps, the rest clear. oh, and of the 3 rubber stamps i have, i only bought 1, the rest got them as rak. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 am 

I have both and like red rubber better as they give a crisp image when stamped. Although, it's much harder to use red rubber if you want to do continuous stamping (you could make use of a stamp positioner). Acrylic is much easier in terms of transparency and for continuous stamping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 pm 

My favorites are the clear stamps. I, too, have more success with them because I can see exactly where I'm putting them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:01 am 

I LOVE acrylic stamps for the same reasons Alissa listed, but I think you bet a better image when you use red rubber.